Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden / Feb 9, 2017 12:13 PM
Who can forget the infamous 2009 exchange between Alan Grayson and the Fed’s General Counsel Scott Alvarez in which the Florida Democrat unleashed on the Fed:
- Alan Grayson: I would like to know whether it is within the Federal Reserve’s legal authority to try to manipulate the stock market or the futures market.
- Federal Reserve GC Scott Alvarez: I don’t believe the Federal Reserve tries to manipulate the stock market.
- Alan Grayson: Does the Federal Reserve actually possess all the gold that’s listed on their balance sheet.
- Scott Alvarez: Yes…
- Alan Grayson: Who actually executes the trades for the Federal Reserve in the markets?
- Scott Alvarez: The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which executes trades through Primary Dealers.
- Alan Grayson: Can you name one Primary Dealer?
- Scott Alvarez: JP Morgan Chase
- Alan Grayson: Do you mind if we have a GAO audit to see if there has been front-running or insider trading by them? Do you mind? Is that ok with you?
- Scott Alvarez: I am not sure if I have that authority…
Read more ... source: The Bitcoin Channel
Let's block ads! (Why?)
Powered by Bitcoin Central